Queenstown is known as the adventure capital of New Zealand and it certainly lives up to its reputation, it was one of my favourite cities I visited in New Zealand! There is so much to do, you spend a fair amount of cash but it’s worth every penny.
– Queenstown being the birthplace of commercial bungee jumping, with the choice between A J Hacket
’s 43m Kawarau River bungee (the first every commercial bungee set up) and their Ben Nevis Bungee at 134m (one of the highest in the world) you are spoilt for choice…….
– What better way to see Queenstown than jump from a plane 15,000ft above it? If you want to do the Bungee and the Skydive
, book them together and you’ll get a much better deal!Luge
– Take the gondola from just off the main street up to the top of the mountain, and have a couple goes at going down the luge track (basically like a go kart but that slides instead of having wheels). Make sure you buy a combine gondola and luge
ticket to get the best price.Downhill mountain bike
– Also via the Gondola
, buy a day pass and rent a downhill mountain bike, pads and helmet. Amazing fun, the trick it seems is to keep up speed and break as little as possible! If this isn’t your idea of fun, there are tonnes of walking trails down!
– Stop off at the Cookie Time
shop for a warm cookie and a glass of milk!Tea Pot Cocktail’s
– Check out world bars cocktails in a teapot! Once your full of cocktails head downstairs to Fat Badgers…Fat Badger’s Pizza
– Eat a famous 20“ NYC style Fat Badger Pizza (Preferably not on your own).
Fergburger – Eat a Fergburger with all the trimmings, hands down the best burger I’ve ever had!
Ice bar – Gimmicky indeed, but a cool (ha) experience. There are 2 Icebars in Queenstown; Minus 5 and Below Zero so see which is offering the best deal. Its a suprisingly cheap way of getting very drunk very quickly also as they remove a percentage of the oxygen out of the air to stop the ice melting, it is effectively the same as drinking at high altitude!