Where can you fish in Bangkok? Bungsamran! Its an awesome fishing park not far from Bangkok city centre, where you can catch huge fish!
If your not a fishing expert your best bet is to hire a guide who basically sets everything up for you, then you just wait for a bite and reel it in, okay okay so many its not the kinda of ‘fishing’ that is almost an art form. It’s basically just an awesome day out! You can fish just straight off the side of a long walkway, or rent a cabin which has its only platform, this is a really good shout there are a whole range and they are fairly inexpensive and depending on how much you pay come with TV, Fridge, Sofas etc. So until you get that bite you can relax and have a beer! Snacks, meals, drinks and alcohol are all available and can be delivered to your cabin for a 20 baht charge, if your really stingy just walk back to the entrance and grab them yourself.
This was a whopping 75+ Kg fish caught by one of the lads!
What kinda of fish can you catch at Bungsamran?
Giant Arapaima, Alligator Gar, Giant Gourami, Mekong Giant Catfish, Catocarpio Siamensis, Chao Phraya Giant Catfish
Note how most of those names have the word ‘giant’ in them!!
And this is me looking absolutely chuffed with my two fishies!
Its pretty cheap especially with the discount for foreigners with a work permit or if you go in a large group and share a few rods!
- Cost of fishing for Thai people: 400 THB/1 Rod (one rod for yourself).
- Cost of fishing for foreign: 2,000 THB/1 Rod (one rod for yourself).
- Cost of fishing for foreigners permitted to work in Thailand 500 THB/1 Rod (one rod for yourself).
- Rent 600 THB /1 Rod (a deposit of 1,000 THB).
- Fishing Instructor (Guide) 1,000 THB.
- Bait Set about 250 THB set, Lam Bag 500 THB.
- Fishing Time For Rod: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Bungalow Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm, 6:00 pm – 8:00 am
- Food, Beverages and Accommodations are available at prices ranging from 1,000 baht to 5,000 baht per round.
The second 75+ Kg fish of the day, caught by another of the lads.
It measured the same height as me when i laid down next to it!
How to get to Bungsamran fishing park, your best bet is to jump in a taxi. Here’s a map!